Thinking about having a 49's Lotto bet with William Hill? Read this First
Note: *The following article is purely for fun. It is based on individual opinions and does not constitute advice. The drawing of lottery numbers is entirely random. Please always gamble responsibly. #Ad. Find out more on our How Our Site Works page.
A true Goliath in the betting industry, however William Hill have never quite lived up to their lofty reputation when it comes to Lotto Betting. Firstly to be clear, there is no question that William Hill offer solid, reputable and decent value Lotto betting, including on the ever popular twice daily 49's Lotto. However they have hadn't ever quite measured up to competitors like Betfred, bet365 and BoyleSports on a number of areas for 49's Lottery betting.
These areas of frustration were:
- Welcome Offer Free 49's Lotto Bets for new customers
- Ongoing 49's Lotto promotions
- Betting in advance on 49's Lotto lunchtime and evening draws
- 49's Lotto Odds/Payout
- Choice of Other Lotteries in addition to 49's Lotto
- General User Experience for betting on the 49's
So has William Hill's Lotto betting revamp addressed these issues for 49's Lotto lovers?
1. Well firstly on the question of Lotto free bets for new customers ... unfortunately that's a no. The powers that be still haven't seen fit to try to match their competitors:
Boyle Sports -
*Please see above sites for terms and conditions and eligibility
2. Again in regard to ongoing Lotto promotions for existing customers, there is nothing exciting to update on here either.
If you want enticing and innovative ongoing lotto promotions, then you can try Betfred's Travel the World promotion (limited time) or Coral's 10% cashback. Again see sites for full terms.
3. Advanced 49's Lotto betting is an area where William Hill have pulled their socks up. You can bet on up to eight 49's draws in advance for both the 'lunchtime' and 'teatime' options.
4. Whilst William Hill offer enticing odds/payouts compared to buying a lotto ticket - they simply can't compete with Betfred and bet365.
Take the following simple example:
If you bet £1 on 3 numbers in the 49's you'd get the following winnings:
- Betfred: £700
- bet365: £700
- William Hill: £600
* Odds/Winnings intended as a guide only and are constantly subject to change. Odds correct at time of writing article
That's a staggering £100 difference! Use our comparison tool to compare all options.
5. Unfortunately William Hill have not added any new lotteries to their stable. So if you're an adventurous sort, wanting to dabble in something else other than 49's Lotto... perhaps the Spanish or Greek Lotto for example... then William Hill isn't the place. William Hill do offer the hugely popular Irish and New York lottos in addition to 49's.
6. The General User experience has improved a little but it feels like tinkering rather than a rebuild from the foundations.
In fairness, it's not bad but there are obvious niggles like 49's Lotto being treated as two separate types of draw depending on whether you want to include the booster ball.
William Hill 49's Lotto Betting Conclusion
So it's clear from our review that we believe there are better options for 49's Lotto betting than William Hill. Their big retail rival Betfred in particular are hard to beat. However our advice is simple - try all the companies out for yourself.
Click a secure link through this site and register an account with all the different companies. When you've decided which feels the best for you - that's where you continue betting your hard earned money and hopefully winning more in return!
Remember, always keep it fun and bet responsibly.
Join The Fun, Start Betting On The 49's
View our easy odds comparison table to find out the best place to start betting:Start Betting